Terms and Condition
The terms and conditions contained herein shall apply to any person (“user” or “You”) using the services of Ashok Book Centre/AlakanandaPrachuranalu’s (“our” or “we”) official website www.ashokbookcentre.com (“Website”)and for making bill payments through an online payment gateway service (“services”) offered by Razor Pay, the payment gateway service provider, on the Website. Each user’s usage of the website is therefore deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
A. Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
a. Modifications of these terms: We reserve the right to change these terms under which the services are offered, including but not limited to the charges, if any, associated with the use of the services. The terms may be further modified based on changes in the business, legal and regulatory requirements and will be updated online. We will make all efforts to communicate any significant changes to these terms to you. You are encouraged to periodically visit this page to review these terms and any changes to it.
b. Modification of services: The Company reserves the right to add, modify or delete any content or features available in the Website at any time at its sole discretion.
C. Links to the Third Party Sites and Application
- The Website may contain links to other web sites/applications (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of the Company and the Company is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site or any information transmitted on a Linked Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the us of the site or any association with its operators.
- Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) included within or available via a link from the Application or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
D. Intellectual Property Rights
a. We shall own title, interest and rights, including all related intellectual property rights, in/of the Website including but not limited to features of services, which is/are protected by the applicable laws except the content owned by the user. You acknowledge that such ownership shall include all intellectual property rights arising from any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other information provided by the user, whether in the course of use of the Website, your Device or otherwise.
E. Use Limitation:
- The Website is merely intended as a means for online shopping of books and accessing literary content.
- As a condition of your use of the Website, you warrant to us that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms. You may not use the Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website.
- You are not entitled to use any kind of measures, mechanisms or tools (software or hardware) that could interfere with the functioning of the Website or any of its services.
F. General terms and Conditions
- Once a user has accepted these terms and conditions, he/ she may register and avail the services. A user may either register on the Website or alternatively enter bill number and pay their latest bill(s) in any other manner as may be specified by us from time to time.
- Our rights, obligations, undertakings shall be subject to the laws in force in India, as well as any directives/ procedures of government of India, and nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be in derogation of our right to comply with any law enforcement agencies request or requirements relating to any user’s use of the Website or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use. Each user accepts and agrees that the provision of details of his/ her use of the Website to regulators or police or to any other third party in order to resolve disputes or complaints which relate to the Website shall be at our absolute discretion.
- If any part of these terms and conditions are determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue in effect.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the user and us. These terms and conditions supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the user and us. A printed version of these terms and conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these terms and conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- The entries in our books of and/or that of the payment service providers kept in the ordinary course of our business and/or the payment service providers with regard to transactions covered under these terms and conditions and matters therein appearing shall be binding on the user and shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
- Refund for charge back transaction: in the event there is any claim for/ of charge back by the user for any reason whatsoever, such user shall immediately approach us with his/ her claim details. Such refund (if any) shall be effected only by us via payment gateway as we may deem appropriate.
- In these terms and conditions, the term “charge back” means approved and settled card (debit or credit) or net banking purchase transactions which are at any time refused, debited or charged back to merchant account (shall also include similar debits to payment gateway service provider’s accounts, if any) by the acquiring bank for any reason whatsoever, together with the bank fees, penalties and other charges incidental thereto.
- Refund for fraudulent/duplicate transaction(s): the user shall directly contact his/her respective bank for any fraudulent transaction(s) on account of misuse of card/ bank details by a fraudulent individual/party and such issues shall be suitably addressed by the bank alone in line with their policies and rules.
- Server slow down/session timeout: in case the website or payment service provider’s webpage, that is linked to the website, is experiencing any server related issues like ‘slow down’ or ‘failure’ or ‘session timeout’, the user shall, before initiating the second payment, check whether his/her bank account has been debited or not and accordingly resort to one of the following options:
- In case the bank account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice and immediately thereafter contact us via e-mail or any other mode of contact to confirm payment.
- In case the bank account is not debited, the user may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment.
however, the user agrees that under no circumstances we shall not be held responsible for such fraudulent/duplicate transactions and hence no claims should be raised against us. You acknowledge and agree that the transaction is between you and the payment gateway service providers and you may reach out to their team for support.
G. Limitation of Liability
We have made this service available to the user as a matter of convenience. We expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provision of this service. The user agrees and acknowledges that he/ she shall be solely responsible for his/ her conduct and that we reserve the right to terminate the rights to use of the service immediately without giving any prior notice thereof.
We and/or the payment service providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall we and/or the payment service providers, its owners, proprietors, employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the services.
We and the payment service provider(s) assume no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by the user on account of:
- the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the payment gateway or services in connection thereto; and/ or
- any interruption or errors in the operation of the payment gateway.
the user shall indemnify and hold harmless the payment service provider(s) and ashokbookcentre.com and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of the services.
the user agrees that ashokbookcentre.com or any of its employees will not be held liable by the user for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the website, or any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
H. Miscellaneous Conditions
Any waiver of any rights available to us under these terms and conditions shall not mean that those rights are automatically waived.
The user agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card transmitted over the internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that we or the payment service provider(s) have no control over such matters. Although all reasonable care has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use of any information transmitted by the user, we do not represent or guarantee that the use of the services provided by/ through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of data over the internet.
We , the payment service provider(s) and its affiliates and associates shall not be liable, at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the website.
The user may be required to create his/ her own user id and password in order to register and/ or use the services provided by us on the Website. By accepting these terms and conditions the user aggress that his/ her user id and password are very important pieces of information and it shall be the user’s own responsibility to keep them secure and confidential. In furtherance hereof, the user agrees to;
- choose a new password, whenever required for security reasons.
- keep his/ her user id & password strictly confidential
- be responsible for any transactions made by user under such user id and password.
the user is hereby informed that we will never ask the user for the user’s password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. The user is hereby required to sign out of his/ her account on the website and close the web browser window when the transaction(s) have been completed. This is to ensure that others cannot access the user’s personal information and correspondence when the user happens to share a computer with someone else or is using a computer in a public place like a library or internet café.
I. Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details
i) the user agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the user shall not use a debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The user further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and valid debit/credit card
ii) the user may pay his/ her bills to by using a debit/credit card or through online banking account. The user warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
the user is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions;
the user is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate;
iii) the user is authorizing debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the payment of settlement of bills selected by such user along with the applicable fees.
iv) the user is responsible to ensure sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of the dues payable or the bill(s) selected by the user inclusive of the applicabl
J. Payment Gateway Disclaimer
The service is provided in order to facilitate access to view and pay bills online. We or the payment service provider(s) do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the payment gateway other than what is specified in the website for this purpose. By accepting/ agreeing to these terms and conditions, the user expressly agrees that his/ her use of the aforesaid online payment service is entirely at own risk and responsibility of the user.
K. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The courts in Vijayawada shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear disputes arising out of these terms.
L. Redressal of Grievance
- Sending a request in writing or through email signed with electronic signature identifying the content alleged to be in infringement of your rights as the rightful owner or affecting you prejudicially;
- Providing your contact information including email, address, and telephone number where you can be contacted if required.
- Giving a declaration cum undertaking along with necessary documents establishing you:
- as the rightful owner of the content to be disabled / affecting you prejudicially,
- as an affected person, stating that the information submitted is true, complete & accurate and no material fact has been hidden, and also stating that we, our employees, including Grievance Officer shall not be liable for any loss or damage or claim for relaying on such requests.
- You may forward your request / complaints to Grievance Officer:
Name: Aravind Duggirala